It is officially fall, and I know everyone says this, but it’s my favorite time of year. The chill in the air, the outfits, the colors of the leaves, the spookiness — I love everything about it. One of my favorite things to do each fall is to make a few new apple or pumpkin-flavored recipes. This weekend I tried out a new one that I absolutely loved and knew I had to share — it was love at first sip!
I’ve already shared my favorite pumpkin spice latte recipe and pumpkin spice chai latte recipe, and today I’m sharing another pumpkin spice drink: a fall festive hot chocolate. This is such an easy recipe, and is so, so tasty. It is perfect to have on chilly fall night, either curled up watching Hocus Pocus, having a little bonfire outside, or after you come home from a night of haunted hayrides. Give this a try, and let me know how you enjoyed it. Without further ado, here is my pumpkin spice hot chocolate recipe…
/ W H A T Y O U N E E D /
(for two delicious cups of pumpkin spice hot chocolate)
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I added in a tiny extra)
- Sugar (or other sweetener) to taste
- Vegan whipped cream
/ W H A T Y O U D O /
- Combine all ingredients other than sweetener in a blender, and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Taste blended ingredients, and add sweetener to taste. Blend again to mix it in.
- Pour blended ingredients into saucepan and put over medium heat, stirring regularly until steaming.
- Pour into two mugs. Add whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice on top to garnish. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of my fall recipes! You can find them all here.
Are you going to give pumpkin spice hot chocolate a try? What is your favorite fall beverage?