“there are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” —c.s. lewis
Happy New Year! I hope that everybody had a great holiday season, and that you’re ready for a bright new year. 2018 was quite a year, filled with both good and bad moments. I’m definitely ready to leave it behind, take what I learned, and start the new year fresh.
While I don’t really ever set New Year’s Resolutions per se, I do like to write out some quotes/words to live by, plan a few themes and intentions for the next 12 months, and set some tangible goals for myself.
For anyone who’s interested, I wanted to share these non-resolutions with you today. Whether this ends up giving you a few good ideas for yourself or just becomes a way to keep myself accountable, I thought it would be nice to share. I always find it interesting at the end of the year to go back and check to see how I did, so having them written down is ideal. I would also love to hear your own goals for the new year, so if you’d like the share in the comments, that would be great.
W O R D S T O L I V E B Y
- “everything you can imagine is real”
- “it’s not what happens, it’s how you handle it”
- “if it’s still in your mind, it’s worth taking the risk”
- “old ways won’t open new doors”
- “worrying will never change the outcome”
- “be the energy you want to attract”
2 0 1 9 T H E M E S
- continue living a life centered around wellness and happiness. this includes meditating every day, starting each day with affirmations and listing what i’m grateful for, and working out / eating healthy.
- continue to relentlessly follow my dreams and turn them into realities.
- enjoy every moment. this includes feeling less guilty for taking time off and also includes finding silver linings in the less happy moments.
- never stop fighting for what i believe in. continue standing up for what i think is right.
- take more chances / put myself out there more.
2 0 1 9 G O A L S
- start taking dance classes.
- finish decorating my apartment.
- revamp + expand online presence.
- volunteer more.
- refresh skincare / hair / makeup routines.
- focus my creative energy in more ways. write more, paint more, play my drums more, etc.
- relearn spanish.
- get some new tattoos.
- make at least one new vegan recipe each week.
While it’s cliche to say, I really do think that we have the power to make 2019 the best year yet. Today is the first day of many, and if we each have a game plan ready to execute, we can all go into the year ready to take it on by storm.
Lastly, for what it’s worth, 2019 is a 3 year in numerology. This means that the energy of the year — something we will all feel — is centered around creativity, self-expression, optimism, and growth / expansion. What this tells us is that the year is set up to be an optimal time to focus on creative projects, and is a great opportunity to build / expand upon foundations you laid in 2018. Does this resonate with you? It makes perfect sense for my current situation, which makes me very excited going into the new year. (Click here if you want to read more about the numerology of this year — it’s very interesting!).
I also created a little template that you download and print to organize your resolutions. You can find that here; I hope this helps! x
Do you set New Year’s Resolutions for yourself? Or do you set goals/themes for yourself? I’d love to hear what’s in store for you this year x
the future is bright.